Working as an English teacher and freelance writer in Dublin, Ireland, as well as exploring Europe. Includes some of the best moments of my life so far, from marrying the girl of my dreams to interviewing the likes of The Manic Street Preachers, Ash, My Chemical Romance, Basement Jaxx and The Wailers. Peruse away!
Note: this part of my site is updated more sporadically these days – family life is taking precedence. When the mood takes me, the odd personal post will still appear here!
2016 – Ireland
2015 – Ireland
2014 – Ireland
- An interview with…me (music journalism thoughts, as written for a Masters thesis).
November 2013 – Ireland
- Adam’s First three months (Ireland)
- 30 Before 30 Part 27: Get Every Major Trip Printed Into A Photobook.
August 2013 – Ireland
July 2013 – Ireland
June 2013 – Ireland
May 2013 – Ireland/ Croatia
April 2013 – Ireland
- 30 Before 30 Part 14: Buy a House (Ireland)
February 2013 – Ireland
- Moneygall – Obama Town (Ireland)
January 2013 – Ireland
- An Englishman in Croke Park: The Parnell Opener (Ireland)
- Letter to Fracking consultation group (Ireland)
- 30 Before 30 Part 3: Try Poitín (Ireland)
- James’ 30 Before 30 (Ireland)
- New Year in Quilty (Ireland)
- Gigs – July to December 2012 (Ireland)
October 2012 – Ireland/ UK
July 2012 – Ireland
June 2012 – Ireland/ Luxembourg
April 2012 – Ireland/ Poland/ Italy
March 2012 – Ireland/ USA
- St Patrick’s Day/ Helena’s Surprise Birthday Party. (Ireland)
- Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand Raided by the Thai Government.
- New York Day 6: NBA Basketball, Union Square, The Museum Of Sex, The Flatiron Building and Fifth Avenue. (USA)
- New York Day 5: Chelsea, The Rockefeller Center, Godspell on Broadway and Live Comedy. (USA)
- New York Day 4: The Met, Time Square and Lower East Side Gigging. (USA)
- New York Day 3: The Statue Of Liberty, Ellis Island and The Empire State Building. (USA)
- New York Day 2: Central Park, The American Natural History Museum, SoHo, China Town, Broadway & The World Trade Centre. (USA)
- New York Day 1: Flights, & Strolling Broadway. (USA)
February 2012 – Ireland/ UK
- Run-A-Muck (extreme running challenge) (Ireland)
- Dancing About Archiecture Part 2 – New, New Journalism (career self-evaluation)
- Dancing About Architecture Part 1 – Critic School. (journalism career self-evaluation)
January 2012 – Ireland
December 2011 – Ireland/ Kenya/ Tanzania
November 2011 – Ireland
October 2011 – Ireland / Portugal
- Algarve Part 2: Lagos & Albafeira (Portugal).
- Algarve Part 1: Faro, Monchinque, Silves & Portimao (Portugal).
- Winning an Irish Web Award with Goldenplec!
- Hard Working Class Heroes Festival (Ireland).
September 2011 – Ireland/ UK
August 2011 – Ireland
July 2011 – Ireland
- Indiependence (Ireland).
- Indiependence: The Disco Biscuit Subplot (Ireland).
- Oxegen 2011 (Ireland).
- Farewell Eloquence Magazine.
June 2011 – Ireland/ Turkey/ Greece/ UK
- Gig/Interview List 2011 – Part One (January – June)
- Glastonbury 2011 (UK)
- Honeymoon Part One: Kusadasi, Ephesus and Recovery Time (Turkey).
- Honeymoon Part Two: Pamukkale, Samos and Chilling Out (Turkey/ Greece).
May 2011 – Ireland
- Wedding – The Big Day (Ireland).
- Wedding – The Build Up (Ireland).
- Wedding – Photos One – The Official Ones (Ireland).
- Wedding – The Mark Jones Guest Post.
- Vantastival, Louth (Ireland).
April 2011 – Ireland/ UK
- T Minus One Month – Wedding Update! (Ireland).
- Gaelic Football League Final – Dublin vs. Cork from Hill 16 – Dublin (Ireland).
- The Flotation Tank Experience – Dublin (Ireland).
- My Stag Night! – Bristol (UK).
March 2011 – Ireland/ UK
- St Patrick’s Day/ Week in Dublin (Ireland).
- A Walk Through Shankill, Belfast (Northern Ireland).
- Walking The Falls Road, Belfast (Northern Ireland).
February 2011 – Ireland/ UK
- Coast To Coast Cycling Day Two: Kinnegad To Dublin (Ireland).
- Coast To Coast Cycling Day One: Galway To Kinnegad (Ireland).
- Four Peaks 3/4 – Connacht – Mweelrea (Abandoned) (Ireland).
- Four Peaks 2/4 – Ulster – Slieve Donard (Northern Ireland).
January 2011 – Ireland/ UK
- Dropping In On Steyning/ London (UK).
- Cycle Tours: The Hellfire Club (Ireland).
- What I Want From 2011
- New Year In Galway (Ireland).
- An Ireland Bucket List.
December 2010 – Ireland
- Gig/ Interview List 2010 – Part 2 (July to December).
- Scattered Musings: Little Flashes Of 2010 In Ireland That Escaped The Blog (Until Now).
- Christmas In Ireland.
- A Day With Two Door Cinema Club: The Late Late Show, RTE 2FM, Phantom And Spin (Ireland).
- Dispatches From The Dublin EFL Frontline (Ireland).
- How NOT To Run A Country – Dedicated To Fianna Fail (Ireland).
- Glacial Ireland.
November 2010 – Ireland
- Cycle Tours: Dublin To Wicklow, And A Loop Around Howth (Ireland).
- Flashback: A Wedding Themed Summer (UK/ Ireland)
October 2010 – Ireland
September 2010 – Ireland
August 2010 – Ireland
July 2010 – Ireland
- Castlepalooza Music Festival, Tullamore (Ireland).
- Knockanstockan: Glastonbury In Minature + Villa in Ireland
- Oxegen Festival: A Pop-Tinged Rainfest (Punchestown, Ireland).
June 2010 – Ireland/ France
- Gig/ Interview list 2010 Part One – January To June.
- Romance En Paris (Part Two) (France).
- Romance En Paris (Part One) (France).
May 2010 – Ireland/ Germany
- The Hideaway House Final Gig (Ireland).
- Four Peaks No. 1/4 – Lugnaquilla, Leinster (Ireland).
- Flea Market Poets and Identity Parade – On Tour In Munchen (Germany).
April 2010 – Ireland
- Glamorous Indie Rock And Roll (Ireland).
- The National Leprechaun Museum. And Eggs. (Ireland).
- Major Catch Up Time (Ireland).
March 2010 – Ireland
- The Phone Box Experiment (Ireland).
- The Phone Box Experiment In Tweets (Ireland).
- The Phone Box Experiment Preview (Ireland).
February 2010 – Ireland/ UK
- Wicklow, Valentines Day and an insanely busy 3 weeks (Ireland).
- Press Trip To Glasgow Days ¾ (Scotland).
January 2010 – Ireland/ UK
- Press Trip To Glasgow Day 2 (Scotland).
- Press Trip To Glasgow Day 1 (Scotland).
- Straight Into The Thick Of It In Dublin (Ireland).
- Three-Day Fruit Detox (Ireland).
- All Change (Ireland).
- OAPs Vacation & New Year In The Sticks (Ireland)
December 2009 – UK/ France/ Ireland
- Noel Dan L’Espace Killy (France).
- Early Christmas in London (UK).
- A Letter To National Express (UK).
- Ebay Experiment #1 (UK).
- Villa away, a non-existent hardcore gig and writing to a Korean prison (UK).
- Dublin: BellX1, Villa’s Own Irish Pub, Buckfast and Korean Food (Ireland).
November 2009 – UK/ Ireland
- Luxurious Clifden on the Cheap & Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Ireland).
- Bristol, Bath, Pumpkins, Fireworks and My Book Release (UK).
October 2009 – UK/ Ireland
- The Last Three Weeks: Assorted Things Worth Mentioning (UK/ Ireland).
- A Tribute to MJ.
- To George, With Love.
- A Freelance Writing Dilemma (Ireland).
September 2009 – UK/ Ireland
- Musical Magic: The Rest Of The Week (Ireland).
- Musical Magic: The Guinness 250 Celebrations (Ireland).
- Weekend Ireland tour pt. 2: Belfast to Galway via Giant’s Causeway (Northern/ Republic of Ireland).
- Weekend Ireland tour pt. 1: Galway to Belfast (Republic/ Northern Ireland).
- Cliffs of Moher and The Burren (Ireland).
- Sun in Galway… a parallel universe?? (Ireland).
- Reading Festival (+ the riots), a family reunion and non-league football (UK).
August 2009 – UK/ Ireland
- Back Home (UK).
- Galway ‘summer’, and travelling without moving (Ireland).
- Drinking, Gambling, Climbing and Gigging (Ireland).
- To Freelance Or Not To Freelance (Ireland).
- Galway Arts Festival (Ireland).
India and Nepal – May, June and July 2009: