I’m generally available for a range of freelance writing tasks given reasonable deadlines, and I’m always open to ideas. You can get hold of me through the Contacts tab, above.
– I’ve been writing as a freelance professional for eight years, gaining broad experience in feature articles, interviews, reviews, opinion columns and writing for marketing and web-content purposes. I’ve been published in all corners of the globe. My business is fully registered and tax compliant – details available on request.
– I’ve worked with a host of big name publishers, many of whom have published my articles on numerous occasions. These include Lonely Planet, The Sunday Business Post, The Irish Sun, RTE, The South Korean and ASEAN Tourist Boards, The Fly (the UK’s highest circulation music magazine at that time) and Museyon Guide Books. See a fuller list here.
– I’m the current sitting editor of GoldenPlec Magazine, a freesheet music quarterly based in Ireland. This gives me regular hands-on editorial experience and has helped me develop a more rounded view on publishing from ‘the other side of the table’. I also have a host of non-print editorial experience.
– I have my own small editorial team who provide ‘second eyes’ on all material, and have no problems telling me if I’m having an off day. As a result, everything submitted will always be doubled checked and up to a high standard.
– I’m extremely well traveled, having visited around 40 countries and lived in a handful, and can lend that cultural experience to all my writing.
– Specialist areas: music (particularly popular and alternative music from Ireland), travel, urban culture, web content and sports.
– My rates are highly competitive next to industry standards. Read my editorial feedback to see why I’m often re-hired.
– Need more convincing? Take a look around this website, or download a sample of my previous published work here (zip file size approx 4MB).
– Let me know clearly what you want in terms of word count and content, if you will be providing any of your own material to assist with the content production, who your audience are and where you intend to publish the finished articles. If you have a sample of the kind of writing you would like, that also helps (but isn’t essential). I will get back to you with a quote, usually within 24 hours.
– Except in very unusual circumstances, I quote for a completed article, with a price including unlimited edits until you are happy, and not directly for the time it takes to write. This way you have a definite cost before we go forward. The quote you receive, however, will depend on the amount of time work will take me to complete, and it’s easier for me to estimate that when you’re detailed about what you want. The more information, the lower the quote is likely to be!
– If you will be publishing the writing under my name and/ or including a link back to this website, let me know, as I can offer a small discount.
– You can get in touch via my contact page, here.
– From student thesis edits to editing for publication or marketing, I offer professional editing services at an affordable rate. Just get in touch using the link above.
Thanks for you interest, and I look forward to hearing from you!